Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Space Cadet

I wish I was leaving tomorrow. It's been a long 6 months since Ft. Bliss. An even longer 8 months since I came home to a quiet house, an empty bed, and dinner for 1. Thinking of where we've been the past 6 years only makes me long for our next adventure.

Rome from the vantage point of St. Peter's Cathedral dome.

Looking through the portal of a ship in the Baltimore Inner Harbor.

The grapes in a Sonoma vineyard where we were wine club members for almost 2 years.

Riding bareback in the ocean off St. Lucia. 

9 adults gathered on the trunk of a tree in The Redwood Forest. 

St. Paul's Cathedral, London, with a background of ominous skies.

Watching the jets take off over lunch at Hickam AFB, Honolulu.

The view from Camelback Mountain, Phoenix.

Charleston, SC on our 4th wedding anniversary. 

Hot springs on the bank of the Rio Grande.

Wedding Day, September 22, 2006. 
Oh, the places we'll go. 

This is seriously the longest 2 weeks of my life.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, you've been to so many beautiful places! I hope these 2 weeks fly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED all your beautiful pics...especially your wedding pic! I can't wait to see & hear about Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even imagine - but just think how worth the wait it will be!
    PARIS!
    Your other trips look wonderful too - but...PARIS.
    It will be sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the anticipation, if you can manage it. And then enjoy the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I FEEL your pain, sister!!! Can these days go by A-N-Y S-L-O-W-E-R?!?!
    And I have to ask, what winery were you members of? I was born in Sonoma (county) , as was my hubs....and my dad worked in the wine business there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been so many gorgeous places! You lucky thing, you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crossing my fingers that your two weeks goes as fast as possible and that you find yourself in Paris before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon you'll have Paris to add to your wonderful memories, and soon after that he will be home. You can do it, Girl. You can. Sending good thoughts your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post and the accompanying pictures... you have seen so many beautiful places and can't wait to hear about the latest!

    ReplyDelete

Are you tracking?